- Your advocate is here to give you a voice
- Your advocate will not give you their opinion or advice
- Your advocate will listen to what you have to say and help you find information about the choices you have
- Although your advocate will try and help you, it might not be possible to change things
Sometimes people don’t explain the things they have said or the decisions that have made and that can make us feel confused. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell people about the things you want or to disagree with what someone has said.
- Your advocate will always make sure that decisions are explained to you in a way that you can understand
- Your advocate will work with you to ensure that your views are heard and understood
- Your advocate may go to meetings with you, help you write letters or make phonecalls
- Your advocate will only say the things that you want people to know, unless you say something that would put you, or others, at risk of harm
Sometimes your advocate may write down some of the things you say. You will always be able to look at what is written about you. Your advocate will make sure that everything they write is kept safe.
Please note: We are not currently taking referrals via our website. Please contact us to make a referral.